GP Referral Scheme
DO YOU/ HAVE YOU HAD ONE OF THE MEDICAL CONDITIONS BELOW:
PULMONARY VASCULAR DISEASE
ASK YOUR GP TO REFER YOU TO THE SPORTS
CENTRE FOR A PRESCRIBED EXERCISE ROUTINE
What your 12 week courses includes:
- A goal setting : We write your unique gym programme based around your medical needs discussed in this appointment.
- An induction of your personalised gym programme so you know what to do
- Your 12 week programme will involve 3 reviews to make sure you are keeping on track
- The gym programme will consist of a warm up, main session, cool down and stretching phase
- There are no monthly membership fees, simply pay per session.
- There are two designated sessions set aside mid-week if you feel you need more support
- You will need to bring with you a bottle of water and a small sweat towel
- A final assessment is completed to evaluate progress over the 12 week scheme
Benefits of the scheme and how it works:
- If you have any of the aforementioned conditions ask your GP or nurse to refer you on to the scheme. Once we receive your referral we will book you in for your Goal Setting appointment
- Becoming more active through physical activity can help you feel better, be more positive, and reduce the risk of poor health
- Physical activity helps lower and prevent high blood pressure (hypertension). Hypertension is one of the major risk factors for coronary heart disease.
- Physical activity raises HDL cholesterol (“good cholesterol”) which acts as a protective mechanism in your body by helping remove LDL cholesterol (“bad cholesterol”) from your arteries, and can reduce the risk of heart attack
- Physical activity helps lower LDL Cholesterol. This reduces the risk of fatty build ups inside the artery walls, thus can reduce the risk of a heart attack or further heart attacks occurring
- Physical activity reduces the risk of having a stroke by half.
- Physical activity reduces the chance of developing diabetes and helps control diabetes if you already have it by stabilising your blood sugar levels as those working muscles use glucose to perform activities during exercise.
- Physical activity helps relieve stress and relax you by releasing endorphins in to your system giving you that “feel good” factor
- Physical activity lowers the risk of osteoporosis by stimulating calcium release which helps maintain bone strength
- Once you have completed the 12 week programme you can opt to join onto a full membership status at a discounted rate
12 WEEK SCHEME
PAY PER SESSION, NO MONTHLY MEMBERSHIP FEES
USE THE GYM ANYTIME
Take advantage of our supervised sessions or come whenever we are open at a time more convenient to you
£2 over 60 individual