Membership- FREE GYM TRIALS 25TH OCTOBER 8AM-5PM
|Membership Category||Reduced hours 4.30-10pm weekdays/ 9-5pm weekends|
|SAF Staff Member||£18|
|SAF Staff Partner||£16.80|
|Over 60 Individual||£16.30|
|Over 60 Couple||£23.80|
STATEMENT FROM CMAT REGARDING SPORTS CENTRE OPENING
CMAT are delighted to be welcoming into its family the Sharnbrook Community Sports Centre from the 1st September 2021. We aim to continue the excellent work already done by the Sharnbrook Academy Federation by continuing to focus on maintaining and enhancing community involvement, offering value for money and “participation for all” ethos. There are a few challenges to overcome before we can open fully, particularly ensuring all the necessary safeguarding requirements are in place for the Academy and this has been the key factor in deciding when and how the sports centre will be fully accessible to the community. We will keep you informed of how things are going and as we make progress will keep you updated but for now would like to share what we can:
From the start of the academic year, to meet the safeguarding needs of the Academy we will have to limit access, so from 6th September restricted hours of 4.30-10pm Monday to Fridays, weekends 9-5pm will apply. Extensive site work is planned for the October half term break to improve security and a new gate system put in place to allow community access, during the school day whilst still meeting the Academy safeguarding requirements. We had hoped to have this work completed sooner but like so much of the construction industry, delays, and problems in securing the necessary materials have caused unavoidable delays.
We appreciate that for some of you, this isn't ideal and apologise for the disruption this may cause in this interim, but it is a vital part of running any public access facility within a school site to ensure safeguarding is in place and without that we won’t be able to fully open. Pease be assured we are doing everything we can to make this a continuing successful sports centre and look forward to exciting and new times ahead for the community.
If you have any further questions regarding the planned procedures, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your membership not only includes gym usage but casual hire of the sports hall free of charge. Bookable up to 7 days in advance, 1 court per booking, any non-member guests pay £3 per hour.
Family Badminton: A maximum of 3 under 16's per booking can play badminton for free! Limited to one court per booking. Must be supervised by a member over 16 years.
In-house fitness classes also included in your membership, bookable up to 7 days in advance. See the fitness timetable for our full schedule.
As a Sports Centre member, Squash is now included in your membership.
- As a member you can bring a one guest with you to the gym for only £5 per session
- Minimum age permitted to hold membership is 16. Under 16's are not permitted to use the fitness studio. Use of any other facility by under 16's must be supervised by a responsible adult (16+) at all times.
- Members are required to sign a copy of the membership Terms & Conditions upon joining online
- Couples must have a bank account in joint names from which the Direct Debit payments will be taken, or reside at the same address in order to be classed as a couple.
- Proof of age / NUS card may be requested upon application if applying as a student.
- NB//THE SITE IS NOW CASHLESS SO ANY PAYMENTS MADE ON SITE IS BY CARD ONLY